Storm window??

I have a sun garden window that sticks out beyond our house. It is above our kitchen sink.

On cold days it is so cold there.

Is there any thing I can buy that I can cover the outside of the window for the winter???

shirleyann

Reply to
Shirley ann

Unless you can build something that seals out the weather all the way around the window, covering the outside may not help much.

You want to create a sealed, dead air space between the cold area and the heated area.

You might want to consider either a custom storm window insert from some place like this:

(You could make your own)

or something like one of the products found here:

DerbyDad03

Is the "garden" in the window still active in the winter?

I'm not sure I understood DD's comment.......... but something to seal off the space from the inside would be more effective than a cover.

Or you could rebuild (or have rebuilt) the window system using double pane panels.

cheers Bob

Reply to
BobK207

Cheapest (and ugliest) solution is to simply duct tape a double layer of plastic film on the outside and one on the inside if you can, while you make plans to have some structural improvements made next summer. Obviously, a better design will pay for itself in a couple of years or so. Good luck.

Joe

Reply to
Joe