Still getting tons of viruses?

To see if it is still a problem, I checked this option instead:

Deliver to Junk Mail folder and delete later Junk mail messages are delivered to your Junk Mail folder so that you can review them. Note: MSN empties the Junk Mail folder regularly to keep the folder size small

In 30 minutes I received only one copy of SWEN, a big improvement.

Reply to
Alan

the right virus protection will solve this known threat and even the right firewall will not let this little trojan in. have the virus redirected to the original sender or just not downloaded. rules for email is a wonderful option. can be done and has been. haven't received one of these little suckers in weeks. went from about 50 per day to 0.

it's too bad that some of these viruses start here in AHR. you all know who the culprit(s) are.

protect your computer at all times when in AHR.

Reply to
Genemy

I don't sell anything; I'm not affiliated with activatormail at all idiot! I just posted a product that works for me and millions of others.

Reply to
Forest

If you aren't affiliated, why did you say "Our revolutionary countermeasures..........."????????????????????????????

Sure sounds like a sales pitch. If you aren't affiliated, the sentence would begin "THEIR revolutionary countermeasures.....". Idiot? I think the guy understands the English language very well. And he wrote an appropriate response to your spam, er, message.

Reply to
NorMinn

That was taken directly from their web page. Click on the link/source and you'll see.

Reply to
Forest

Missed the quotation marks.

Reply to
NorMinn

Reply to
Caroline or Greg :P

Yes, I concede that point. But I still maintain anyone with 1/2 a brain would have known to follow the link. Tell me my 1st 3 sentences sound like a sales pitch; they are a ringing endorsement of a very good product.

Reply to
Forest

Many newsgroups have the problem.

Reply to
F.H.

Anyone with half a brain probably isn't reading newsgroup posts. With more than half, the post looked like a sales pitch. If I was interested in the sales pitch, I could have done a quick search for the website. I know what links are for.

Reply to
NorMinn

If you can tell who that is, you have far more knowledge than the average user.

Reply to
Alan

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 01:20:48 GMT, "John" wrote (with possible editing):

Yes, we all are.

To those of you with MailWasher, this filter works for about 95%:

Rule 1: The entire header contains RegExpr Content-Type: multipart/mixed|alternative

Rule 2: The entire header contains RegExpr boundary\="([a-z][a-z]*)"

Use "Apply this filter when all of the rules are satisfied".

Reply to
L. M. Rappaport

Wrong newsgroup for this, but since it's already here, I suppose you are still using Outlook Express. Keep using OE and you'll keep getting viruses. Get rid of OE and no more viruses!

Reply to
someone

Go Amish.

Reply to
Bruno The Magnificent

I do not use OE, but keep getting copies of SWEN in one account.

Reply to
Alan

On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 18:15:23 -0600, someone wrote (with possible editing):

...snip

If you had looked at the header of the message to which you responded, you would know that I don't use OE. In fact, I never have used OE. This and the last message were both posted with Agent 1.93 which I use along with Dialog.

And, just in case anyone is influenced by your post, it's incorrect. There's a big difference between RECEIVING viruses and becoming INFECTED by them. Which news or mail client you use has absolutely NO effect on whether or not you receive viruses, that is determined by whether or not you use your correct email address when posting to newsgroups, chat room, et al, and other factors. Whether or not you are infected by them is another matter. Here we use a firewall plus AV software and have never been infected.

For that matter, the two-rule filter I posted was for MailWasher which we also use. MailWasher never downloads attachments unless you allow them to be. The filter posted allows them to be deleted on the server.

Reply to
L. M. Rappaport

My ISP does a 100% job of filtering. I have never received a single spam mail and I don't miss any mail from excess filtering as far as I can see. The web based mail has hundreds of them of course. I think Yahoo and Hotmail let them through so they can push their upgrades.

Reply to
MaxAluminum

Ahhhhhhhh, So you dont use OE for newsgroups, but it's not newsgroups that are causing the problem. How am I supposed to know what software you use for email from a usenet posting? You could use Agent for news, but use OE or anything else for email. I agree about not opening attachments. I dont either, unless they are pictures, and my Eudora is set to show me the attachments before I download them.

Reply to
someone

You got that right....... I avoid hotmail and yahoo mail like the plague.

Reply to
someone

The problem isn't with the attachments... Everyone knows not to open them... it's the insanely long download time when you have hundreds of them on your server...

Reply to
Dane Brickman