STICK-DOWN TILES ( followup )

I installed stick-down tiles over my (vinyl) bathroom floor. In a few weeks, many of the tiles had lifted, or moved.

Someone in this group suggested varnish as a "sealer"

I removed the loose tiles, ( yes, the floor was clean ) and used spray varnish on the vinyl. ( it's what I had on hand )

Re-installed the stick-downs, and, after several weeks, it looks like those tiles aren't going anywhere.

Thanks to whoever posted the tip. I'd definitely suggest a coat of varnish over the old floor before installing stick-down tiles. It worked for me !!

Reply to
Anonymous

The adhesive on the peel and stick tiles generally doesn't do the job. I always glue them down with troweled on general purpose vinyl flooring adhesive.

JK

Reply to
Big_Jake

Reply to
Telstra

Well, that was me. After about 12 years I finally had the time and funds to redo the bathroom from the joists up, Funny thing is it was extremely difficult to pry the stick on tiles up even with a heavy spud. After I pulled the tub I decided to replace the entire subfloor . Now I have art deco white octagons with black insets with heat in the floor.

Reply to
beecrofter