squeaky hard wood floor

FS My hare wood floors are carpeted when I walk on them they squeak. FS How can I stop the squeak with out removing the carpet.

Have had generally good success with the following:

Find location of squeek; use a stud finder to locate joist. Use variable speed drill to insert 2«" wood screw. I start the drill at a slow speed to ensure the screw doesn't cause a carpet pull. If OK, go to high speed to penetrate carpet and pad.

¯ ® ¯ Barry.Martin þ at þ QCONline,COM ® ¯ ®

... Which worse: forgetting to zip your fly, or forgetting to unzip it? Hurry!

--- MultiMail/Win32 v0.46 þ wcECHO 4.2 ÷ The Safe BBS þ Bettendorf, IA þ þ * RelayNet(tm): CamCat (#3041): Telnet: bbs.camcat.com

--- RIME To Usenet Gateway @ 10/18/2005 2:13:00 AM ---

Reply to
BARRY MARTIN