Sprinkler system question - clearing the lines of water

Howdy,

I've been having my sprinkler system lines drained every fall. Unfortunately I just had my lines drained last week and I forgot to mark where the heads are placed within the lawn and I have a company coming out tomorrow to aerate my lawn.

The only way that I can tell where the heads are is to run water back into the lines and run the system. Ugh.

I'd rather not spend another $150.00 to get my lines blown dry and was wondering if leaving water in them over the winter would completely destroy them. My guess is that it more than likely would because of the water freezing/thawing/heaving within the lines.

cheers,

rise4peace

Reply to
<no_spam_4me_rise4peace

the best thing to do is to wait till spring on the aerate

Reply to
twfsa

The reason for blowing them out is to prevent the water from freezing, which will crack heads, valves and possibly pipe too. BTW, $150 to blow out a home system sounds high. Here in NJ I had it done for $50, but then realized I can do it myself with a decent air compressor. That's what I've been doing for about 7 years now. Takes about an hour and I'm done.

Reply to
Chet Hayes