Sprinker system - broken PVC pipe

Hi,

I'm in the process of replacing a section of PVC pipe that was damaged. It appears that dirt may have entered the existing good section of PVC pipe - what is the best way to remove the dirt ? I'm thinking that since I don't know how far the dirt may have travelled up the pipe, I will have to remove all of the sprinkler heads (the pipe feeds several heads that I'm aware of) and turn the water on to flush out the dirt (after I've repaired the broken section).

Is this the proper or best way to remove the dirt? Is there an easier way instead of having to remove and reinstall all of the heads?

Thanks for any tips/advice.

Regards,

-Derek

Reply to
dman54d

I think this would depend on which "side" the pvc break was on. Is the dirt on both sides of the break, or just on the **supply** side ? If just the supply side, just turn on the water for a few seconds and let it flush itself out. If on both sides (or the other side of the suplly side) , then it would be best to remove the heads after your repair and let the water flush the whole thing out, repaired section and all.

Good Luck

--James--

Reply to
James Nipper

The tops of the heads do unscrew, you just do it at the end the low pressure probably won't even be enough to pop the other heads and it should flush OK

Wayne

Reply to
Wayne

I usually go to the last head, remove it, screw in a piece of threaded pvc with an elbow and a foot or so of additional pvc pipe (to spray away from area) and turn on to flush. If you have turned on the system before you do this you will likely have to do each head.

Frank

Reply to
F.H.