Spilled water on fresh grout - what to do?

I was applying grout when I spilled about a cup of water all over the freshly applied grout.

I immediately applied paper towels, but what should I do?

Reply to
Bryan Scholtes

I am guessing this is a ceramic tile project. If it was me I would spread out the water quickly with the grout tools (sponge, squeegee) and touch up the finish. You might have to use a little more grout in places but you have probably just extended the drying process a bit..

BTW - why would you post this on the internet if you have a grouting emergency? Call the store for some instant support.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

Just clean it up as you were already doing, then finish the grout job including the area that got wet. It will work out fine.

Reply to
Ron

Whew! I really hope so. I am paranoid about too much water in concrete mixes.

To answer the other question, I find this group to be pretty responsive and pretty knowledgable. If I called the Home Depot I'd get one opinion in five minutes. Here I've gotten two in about forty minutes, and will get probably about ten in a day.

And yeah it's a ceramic tile job.

Thanks guys!

Reply to
Bryan Scholtes

What you did. Wipe it up. No damage, continue.

Reply to
dadiOH

Was it as bad as this bottom shelf from my 'tiling' project last week?

-

If so, it just wipes up with water (and a scrub brush) the next day.

-

Chuck Banshee

So...., what happened? Did it work out okay?

Reply to
Ron

I hope so! The grout turned out the same color and about the same hardness.

Reply to
Bryan Scholtes