Spanning Beam Loads

An upcoming project will include a roof addition that will span slightly less than 18ft. There will be a professional contractor working with me on the project, but I thought I'd incorporate the knowledge of this group and the resourses of the web in attempt to educate myself a little more on the alternatives.

Does anyone know of a good reference for beam calculations?

Anyone know if I-joists (

) are readily available?

clyde

Reply to