Source for Ancient Pilotstat/Thermocouple in NYC

I have a 1930's vintage Fitzgibbons 400 Series hot water boiler with dual Honeywell 10 Series controls and a V155 gas valve.

The boiler won't fire but the pilot light is lit and the thermostats are calling for heat. I trouble shot the problem down to the pilotstat/thermocouple. If I jumper it out of the circuit the boiler fires.

My plumber is out of town for the holiday, but I spoke with him by telephone. To trouble shoot the problem any more will require disassembling part of the firebox, so I'm going to leave that to the pros. My task is to hunt down a source for parts.

Any suggestions of a shop that would carry replacement parts for these old systems?

I'm planning on replacing the boiler in a year or so, so I don't want to spend a lot to fix the problem.

Also, is there an easy replacement for the pilotstat system with a more modern one that will work with my old mechanical gas valve?

Thanks,

Bernie

Reply to
Bernie Hunt

eBay:

Type in "Pilotstat"

NOS, on the shelf

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Jim,

I saw those last night but they are marked "Wall Mounted". Would that mean wall of the firebox or wall of the room? Mine sits on the bottom of the firebox just behind the air vents.

Bernie

snip

Reply to
Bernie Hunt

Actually, they can be mounted anywhere that the thermocouple will reach. I would prefer a spot where the temps aren't too high. Where you could hold your hand on it without burning.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim