Some Caulking Questions

1) I have a blacktop driveway. Where it meets the concrete of the house there is a line of caulklike material, which is coming out. I pulled a chunk out with my fingers and took it to Lowes. They were clueless. it was black and a triangle with 1/2 " edges in crosssection. What should I be using to recaulk this seam. It's only 8 feet of run so if I have to buy a couple cans of the $6 type caulk, I don't mind.

2) I used some GE Silicone 1 100% silicon window and door caulk to do some windows. I notice now that there are some seams above the windows with caulk remnants. Some oare aluminum siding brick and some are aluminium siding aluminum siding. Can I use the same caulk for these or do I need some kind of special stuff?

3) I have an enclosed porch with a seam running along the base that I want to caulk. Most of the seam is linoleum tiles wood and some is linoleum tiles concrete. Most of the seam is 3/8" ish but one section has a much larger gap. What should I use for this?

4) Well, since I've already worn out my wellcome, might as well throw in one more. :-) I have some 3/8" cracks in my backtop driveway.Has anyone tried this blacktop filler caulk they have?

Thanks!

-P

Reply to
post2google

Yes, I bought a product from the home depot called "Black Night" and it is used to repair cracks in asphalt driveways. It comes in a squeeze bottle. Just apply it on a hot day and it will lay in the cracks and seal your driveway up.

Reply to
Jimi