Soldering eyeglass Frames

Because the ruler is specialized, it measures in a unit that's not known in the US, except for opticians. That unit is called a "milimeter".

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I have purchased eye glasses from Zenni. The frames are a bit light weight, but the optics seem good.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You are right. For $35.00 USD you can probably buy a device, from china, to check 'em. Then, for the rest of your life, you can check any of yours, friends or family ... :-)

Regards, JS

Reply to
John Smith

Well you paid your optometrist to check your eyes. My optometrist doesn't sell glasses so I don't see why it would be an issue. They have all of the equipment to check the lenses as well. There is a shop next door that they refer business to, but you don't have to get it made by them.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

Yes, optometrists are professionally bound to check your fit. They are not in the business of selling eyeglasses or profiting from their sale. Kind of like how medical doctors don't sell drugs or care where you get your prescription filled. Think about why it has to be that way, ethically and professionally.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

True, but I get my eyes checked by an opthalmologist for a number of reasons. She (and her office) aren't that easy to access.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Hey i fix glasses ... normal solder dont hold .. its a special type of solder ... send it to me and ill fix it for 30usd

brentlezama38

My beer glasses need fixing. Do you do them?

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Per Phisherman:

You might want to save a few of the nicer ones for use as the reading glasses you will probably need when you get to fifty-ish.

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

well being 2017 I broke another pair & after thinking about it I think i'll use after scuffing up the paint i'll use Contact Cement: It takes a # of d ays to stat to harden & I may coat it a few times & may take over a week or so to really start to set up & get hard; but once it does its' like a rock & don't know what if you bend them of what they will do?

Reply to
rossgurney1

I have a pair of titanium, glasses can they be spot welded to repair?

Reply to
jtschwering50

I've been buying memory titanium framed glasses from Zenni Optical on line. Last pair a few weeks ago was $82 and that included shipping. Besides frames lenses are bifocal and anti-reflective coating. Their glasses are cheap enough that you can buy over a half dozen pairs for less than the cost of one in the USA. My latest were just for the computer but I have a couple of regular pairs.

I did break one of their titanium frames several years ago in the nose bridge region with only one connection. Did not try to fix it as that is a high stress area.

Reply to
Frank

It worked for me years ago. It wasn't a titanium frame. I think I had to file down a bit of the surface to be able to tin the material. Lasted for years - in fact I now have it out in the garage to wear when I am working out there, though I never remember.

Reply to
Taxed and Spent

Frank posted for all of us...

I have often wondered how their products are... My guy takes several measurements when purchasing. How does Zenni do this?

Reply to
Tekkie®