Softener death/resin flood

My water softener took a shit yesterday. When it did, the resin tank cut loose sending billions of resin particles throughout the water system in the house. I have been draining lines, backblowing lines, cleaning out lines, cleaning screens, filters, and doing all manner of things. I still have a couple of stubborn lines that I can't get unblocked..

Anyone have any experience with this? Is it just a matter of time and patience and repeatedly flushing lines? Any easy way? Could I open the valve at the street, and force water backwards through the system, injecting it into the hose bibs, water lines, faucets, showerheads, etc?

What a hassle.

STeve

Reply to
SteveB