Snowblower gear question

Hi Folks, I have a 7 speed snowblower 5 forward and 2 reverse. One day the rod that changes the gears fell out and when I put it back on I was missing the 2 reverse and 1 forward gears. I quess it somehow misaligned the gears. Anyone have a quick fix.

Thanks Dick

Reply to
Platebanger

Hi, Dick.

Not knowing mfg. or model, I'll bet you don't have "gears" as you seem to think, as in common automotive manual transmission. Rather, different ratios determined by moving driven wheel relative to center of driving plate. Likely, you've done something to skew the driven wheel position.

There should be a linkage adjustment, and info re setting it, in manual.

You might contact the dealer, or the mfg., if RTFM is no an option.

HTH, John

Platebanger wrote:

Reply to
barry