snapper mower:interlock module - how test?

Snapper 1438H Hydro, rear-engine riding mower.
Thing yesterday just quit. Engine turns over, but no spark to the sparkplug. The three safety switches (seat,PTO,and pedal) check out OK. Next item up the line is the INTERLOCK MODULE...
All the safety switches tie into the IM. How do I test the IM?
About the size of a chunky book of matches. Tab of a circuit board poking out plastic sealing filler. This thing have a chip in it? Ya gotta be kidding me -- an IC for the damn safety switch system? Gimme a break. $30 to replace. Up yours, Snapper.
Fed up with this mower. "Legendary Snapper"... yeah, right. Something going wrong with it about every other time we use it, if not every time...
System fuse is ok. Will check the key switch next. There's also the ignition coil... how do I check the ignition coil?
Dagnabbit -- all on the frigging holiday weekend too.
replying to mitcheroo, Anne Walker wrote:

The three safety switches (seat,PTO,and pedal) check out OK. Next item up the line is the INTERLOCK MODULE...

plastic sealing filler. This thing have a chip in it? Ya gotta be kidding me -- an IC for the damn safety switch system? Gimme a break. $30 to replace. Up yours, Snapper.

NEW: It's 2018 & it appears I have the same or similar problem. I can't push the brake pedal all the way down to lock it in, which enables the engine to start or idle. Could it be a blockage, spring, some other failed connection or soes this also sound like an interlock mod connection
On Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 4:44:06 PM UTC-4, Anne Walker wrote:

Sounds like a mechanical problem preventing the pedal from going far enough down.
... original post from 2005 :

... " reply " from 2018 ...

Agree - not at all like the original issue. Eventually you'll need a real lawn mower ...
http://davisimplementinc.com/johndeerechopper.jpg
John T.