Small light cordless drill with light

Highly recommend Rockwell's drill with lifetime batteries. 3R62HARD3P 62pc 3RILL Set (3 monthly payments) $83.31 Order Total: $266.30 birthday gift direct from Rockwell, came fast, and used the day it arrived. small, lightweight [not as light as a dremel tube type, but that's awkward to hold] fits in the hand and small emough t to reach into corners. It beats every battery powered drill I've tried for convenience, size, weight, and there is NO awkward butte-end battery sticking out getting in the way! What kicked over the the edge was the 'lifetime' battery. Comes with two and recharge is faster than you can take a battery down. - well almost.

The 62 pc toolkit comes with assorted screwdriver tips, and some weird new tips, wood drill bits, porcelain drill bits, and even an assortment of twist drill bits.

Original intended use was dry wall screws, but I now use it for cabinetry screw assembly and computer case disassembly. It has variable torque settings so you aren't as likely to strip the sheet metal screw holes out.

Reply to
Robert Macy

I use a Bosch PS32-2A for about 80% of what I do. It's a great little tool; light and good balance. I use its brother, a 12V Impactor, impact driver for driving screws.

krw

Never use the hammer function for driving screws. The "hammer" motion is along the axis, which will tend to break the lands you're trying to create with the screw. OTOH, a impact driver uses a radial impact which tends to break friction, advancing the screw along the threads.

Reply to
krw

Yes, of course. It has a standard twist chuck so any shaft 3/8" or smaller can be held firm. I think the unit came with a releasing hex insert that one secures in the chuck then inserts bits, drivers, drills etc for use. Then with a simple one short slide of the locking mechanism the insert can be pulled out and a different one inserted. For me it makes switching back and forth between flat and phillips screw bits almost instant when working with both at the same time. I also purchased a set of hex end drill bits that fit easily into this lock holder. I couldn't be happier with this solution.

Good luck.

Reply to
BobMCT
[snip]