Sluggish Toilet

That is the subject, it is the quoted post that referred to using the acid. Nowhere else in this thread was there a reference to using acid to clean the toilet.

Reply to
Pete C.

Snip

A repost that may be your problem :

I had a toilet a few years ago that had similar problems.

In the end it turned out that my teen age daughter dropped a stick of deodorant into the toilet. Instead of doing the awful thing of reaching into the toilet bowl she decided to just flush the problem away. The stick made the turn around the first part of the S curve but couldn't go any further. It was stuck in the middle of the S curve. It was not visible and a toilet auger would just bypass it. I tied a three prong fish hook to a sturdy string and flushed it. It would catch something but couldn't pull it out.

I finally took the toilet outside and maneuvered a 1/4 inch rope through the S curve and tied the rope to an old fashioned mop head. I attempted to pull the mop head backwards through the S curve and with it the obstruction but this didn't work either.

I still had no idea what the obstruction was. My daughter never admitted to having any knowledge of the missing stick of deodorant.

After a few months of putting up with a toilet that would clog easily I took matters into my own hand. HAMMER! DEODORANT! ANGRY!

After I calmed down I went to Home Depot to get a new toilet. It was only then that I discovered that the size (3.5 gallon) and the color (Harvest Gold) was not available. I settled for a 1.6 gallon white Kohler.

A few years went by with my mis-matched toilet and then my neighbor had a garage sale. In the sale he had his old 3.5 gallon Harvest Gold toilet left over from his updated bathroom with a "free" sign on it. Bingo. I'm back to being matched again with my 70's style bathroom.

P.S. I do not have a avocado refrigerator

Reply to
tnom

Not no, Hell NO! Strong alkali can do a number on the trap glazing. The glazing on the better grade toilets is there to keep the turd velocity as high as possible. Acid is safe to use, don't experiment.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Actually, I used my pool acid to acid wash-out toilet rim passages.

As of today, I do not own any.

Reply to
Oren

The original poster said the toilet was sluggish, and he used a plunger. If you don't know how to use a plunger or snake, that's your mental deficiency. You can find out, with or without reading about the use of acid. Your choice. If you can read what I wrote. I doubt it.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Again, the only reference to using acid was in the context of using it to clear the internal flush water passages where a plunger or a snake has no applicability. Go back and re-read the thread and see if you can improve your reading comprehension.

Reply to
Pete C.

Changing the subject, again. You lose.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You lost years ago...

Reply to
Pete C.

few people really understand how mr toilet works, and knows what the inside of the bowl rim looks like./

my neighbors ghot sluggish, he replaced the toilet and smashed it too see.

bowl rim nearly completely filled with sediment, our water is very hard

Reply to
hallerb

I like the neutralizing acid with baking soda hint.

If someone is on septic and concerned about the acid affecting the action of their septic, here is a simple receipe to get the 'good' bacteria in the septic going again.

2 C. Brown Sugar 5 C. Warm Water 1 pkg Dry Yeast

Stir to dissolve the sugar. Flush it down the toilet and wait an hour before running any water.

Reply to
MissouriGrannie