Slow Microwave Clock

Smitty Two wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mx01.eternal-september.org:

if you're paying for somebody's time(work),you have to be concerned with time.(also you're being paid for -your- time.) If your business has set business hours,it makes it better for customers;they can rely on your business being open during posted hours,and thus you need your employees to BE there at the proper times. Any business that is open at the whim of it's owner or employees is going to lose business.

then there are TV shows;if you want to see the whole show,you have to be on time.Or go to the movies,see the doctor,etc. Think of the phone and cable guys who don't show up as scheduled,and how aggravating it is to wait on them,when you could be doing something else. Or to miss a bus or plane flight because you were late. Then there's navigation;ships absolutely depend on accurate time to know where they are and how to get where they want to be. Satellite nav depends on very accurate time.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Peter wrote in news:i9mtug$bpf$ snipped-for-privacy@news.albasani.net:

the term is SWMBO;

She Who Must Be Obeyed.... 8-)

Reply to
Jim Yanik
[snip]

I don't need a clock on my microwave. I don't set it. The display is blank except during cooking, other than the flashing word "time", which is small enough to ignore.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

To repeat a life-learned lesson:

If she's happy and you're not, you're still happier than you would be if you were happy and she was not.

Reply to
HeyBub

Our microwave (built into the range hood) not only flashes in big letters when the time needs to be set, but it also requires you to enter the *date* (including the year) to set the time...and as far as I can tell, never displays or uses the date again.

And of course it has no internal capacitor to handle a 1-2 second power flicker; the slightest interruption (which fortunately is rare) resets it.

Josh

Reply to
Josh

My brother, Uncle Monster has a number of quotes called "Monsterisms" and I help him add to the collection. One favorite is:

"Human females are genetically Machiavellian, they need little or no training."

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

"you get about what you pay for". My Dad used to say that.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I'll explain it to you. Got a minute?

More seriously. I run late for everything. Which has got me written up, at jobs. I like that life style. Stay in tune with your body, and take it slow.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

My brother, Uncle Monster has a number of quotes called "Monsterisms" and I help him add to the collection. One favorite is:

"Human females are genetically Machiavellian, they need little or no training."

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Ah yes. Rumpole of the Bailey. Certainly one of the best written, most entertaining of all that John Mortimer has written. And, a super TV series as well.

Reply to
Peter

Television? Real time? How do you skip commercials?

Reply to
krw

jeff_wisnia wrote in news:i9l7ji$b1s$1 @news.eternal-september.org:

Maaan, that's rough. Suggest Googling house jacking.

Reply to
Red Green

jeff_wisnia wrote in news:i9l7ji$b1s$1 @news.eternal-september.org:

This might be her more shy sister. Hard to believe the one in the background with red top and jeans may be a foreground runner in the future.

Red Green
[snip]

Look away from the screen and do something else.

Reply to
Gary H

Back when I was in the Hippies about four decades ago, girls were not getting tattoos like today, it wasn't a common sight. A guy might get one earring like a pirate but not the body piercings that are common in this century. Tattoos didn't become a fad until all the movie and pop music stars started all that nonsense. I wonder what the children of the extreme body modification crowd are going to do to shock their physically modified parents? Perhaps the little tykes will become extreme, button down, super religious, Republican Conservatives? 8-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

That is when I proof-read and hit 'send' on my posts here on Usenet, or finish the article in the paper I was reading.

I almost never JUST watch TV. It is more of a fireplace for me- flickering lights, and since I live alone, the illusion of human presence and voices in the vicinity. My DVR keeps filling up, because it takes too much attention to watch recorded shows while I am doing something else.

Reply to
aemeijers

That doesn't do the whole job.

Reply to
krw

You also have to let them win EVERY argument, even when they are wrong, especially when they are wrong.

Reply to
Daniel Prince

LOL

Reply to