Slow drying latex enamel?

I have always used oil based paint for trim, but the paint stores say that is being phased out so we have to get used to latex. Just painted a door with Behr Premium Latex Enamel. It dries so fast it was impossible to maintain a wet edge. Does anyone know of a latex paint that has not made fast drying a "feature" so there is time to paint a across a door and return to the start before the paint is too dry to allow proper blending?

Reply to
Stoney

You must be in California.

Thinning helps a little. Or you could try adding a bit of Floetrol.

Reply to
Truitt Bottsford III

Thanks for reminding me about Floetrol. I have used it once in an exterior application and it did ease the application and make the result better. I will use that solution unless we learn of a paint brand that works right out of the can.

California may be the reas>

Reply to
Stoney

Reply to