slick concrete

My garage floor gets very slick when it gets wet, or when my 4 yr old grandson comes in with wet feet.

Is there some kind of treatment to 'roughen up' this kind of concrete? Lowes had no idea.

Reply to
stevie

Paint it with textured paint.. probably enamel, but I'd ask the guys at the paint store.. you could also just add sand to wet paint.

Reply to
longshot

Well, if you have a coat of paint on it already you can paint it again with a little sand mixed in the paint to give it a texture that will give better traction. If it isn't painted, it is not fun to prep it before painting. You will have to scrub the floor with muriatic acid and also try to get all the oil marks up. No idea on how to do that. But I know you have to get all that up before you paint.

stevie wrote:

concrete?

Reply to
Mike

. If it isn't painted, it is not fun to prep it

I have some habanera hot sauce that says it will do that

Reply to
longshot

Sand blasting? Acid wash to edge concrete than high pressure wash? Put an old carpet on it? Non slip self sticking strips?

2 part garage epoxy "paint" with sand for garage floor? There is also a rubber sheet product for this - one is big sheet you cut to fit and the other comes in large squares and interlock together.

Whatever you do don't use just any paint as most paint will not stick after you roll over it with hot tires and then you track those pain chips into the house.

Reply to
Kim

Acid wash it , or indoor outdoor carpeting.

Reply to
m Ransley

Muriatic acid etch. Follow with generous rinse and neutralize.

DanG