Simpson Strong-tie for beam under joist

Hello, I need some type of Simpson product for connecting a 4x6 beam to a 2x8 joist. The 4x6 beam in this application is supported on it's own, and the 2x8 joists rest on the beam.

Basically I just need something to tie it all together, so that the beam and the joists stay put.

What is the name of this type of hanger, and which of the Simpson products would be appropriate?

Thanks,

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

If the 2x8's bear on the top surface of the 4x6 support beam there are a number of ways to create a connection.

1) blocking & toe nailing 2) take a look on pages 182 & 183, look at the H connectors & the various use cases

If the ends of the 2x8's frame into the side of the 4x6, then a "short joist" hanger would serve.

How you do it depends on the actual geometry & the loads involved.

Reply to
DD_BobK