siding repair

I have some dry rot/termite damage in the siding around 3 sides of the add-on that I want fixed. Is this something that I could get done calling a handyman or is it recommendable to find a contracter that does this?

Reply to
Adam Russell

Adam,

I've got a similar problem. I've spoken with both handymen and contractors and I was lucky to get a really good handyman. He actually recommended that I switch to vinyl siding for durability (but I'm not sure I want to go that way yet). I was impressed by his expertise and honesty though, especially when he had nothing to gain by recommending vinyl (he only does wood maintenance).

I think what it comes down to is being comfortable with the people you'll be doing business with. Don't be afraid to ask questions and for local references. An established business with a good reputation will have no issue with giving this to you. Neighbors can also be a good source of advice/horror stories. See if anyone in your area is having or has had recent work done.

Good luck, KZ

Reply to
KZ