siding costs

Hi there,

I'm looking into siding for my new garage (14'x24'). As for matching my house, its exterior is old "broken-glass" stucco.

So far I've gotten the following prices (cdn): stucco: material and labour = $1500 cedar siding: $0.88/ft, 1000 lin. ft. needed (horizontal 8" lapping) hardiplank: $0.68/ft, 1000 lin.ft needed (horizontal 8" lapping) Tonight I'm going to price out vinyl siding.

What other costs should I consider for siding? Other than cost, I will have to consider maintenance, ease of installation, and looks. Looks is easy: cedar, then hardiplank then vinyl siding. Installation: cedar? vinyl, hardiplank. Maintenance: vinyl, hardiplank, cedar.

thanks

Reply to
dogo_01