Short of rehanging a door, is there a quick way to make it NOT close on its own ?

I have a door which id like to stay open when i open it, but it slowly closes. I know i could put something under the door to hold it open fully, but, is there a trick or tip to keeping it open without having to re-hang it ?

Reply to
IlBeBauck

take one of the pins out and very slightly bend it.

Reply to
charlie

I have often wished that somebody would come up with a spray can of "instant rust". Would be handy on the hinges and many other uses.

Ivan Vegvary

Reply to
Ivan Vegvary

Bend a hinge pin. Start with the center one.

Requires the pin, a floor and a hammer.

Reply to
Oren

Spring hinge. They come in spring open and spring close, you want the former.

Reply to
Mike Paulsen

Or a magnetic doorstop.

Reply to
clare

A little adjusting of the top and bottom hinges may work, I use toothpicks under the hinges to cause/change the tilt of the door so the autoclosing stops, or starts if I want the door to close, like a bathroom door.

Reply to
hrhofmann

Or if it's an interior door, HW stores sell an inexpensive post & clip setup that screws into the trim board or wall and door.

Reply to
Robert Neville

Door stop.

Reply to
StepfanKing

Disconnect the closer?

Reply to
LouB

I sense that there is something really totally funny to reply to "instant rust". But, I'm too tired and exhausted to think what that might be.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

urine does it for most rustable things.

proof left to the reader.

Reply to
charlie

What I do is remove on hinge pin and very slightly bend it (hammer in vise). Then replace it and it should prevent a door from gradually closing on its own.

Reply to
Albasani