shingling the earth

Is there any reason I shouldn't lay 3-tab shingles over a corner of my ground. Grass won't grow there anymore, and I don't want weeds, so since I have a third of a pack of shingles that didn't get used, I thought I would lay them down there.

Should I instead save them for patching the roof? By the time I had to patch the old one (~21 years), I needed a new one.

If I grade the little piece of ground a bit, it would also keep water from seeping down where in the past some dampness has gotten through the foundation cinder block walls. (the only place this has happened in 20 years.)

(The roofer cleaned up almost all of the shingles he took off the roof, but I've noticed wherever some got missed, by them or me, it killed the grass, of course. Why not take advantage of this property (and I'm tired of storing the shingles.

Meirman

If emailing, please let me know whether or not you are posting the same letter. Change domain to erols.com, if necessary.

Reply to
meirman

Send a photo Id like to seee

Reply to
m Ransley

Get rid of the shingles, get some clay dirt, put it in a bucket with water, stir to make a thick 'soup', pour it onto the area that's low. Then, after putting down enough to slope the ground away from the building, seed it and put down plenty of straw. And make sure that roof has a massive amount of venting.

Reply to
Michael Baugh

The whole Earth? ;-)

jtees4