Sherwinn Williams

Hi,im going to be painting the house this spring,what is better to use,duration,or super paint,im going to be using a paint gun,any advice ,thanks dan.

Reply to
Dan

I would find out what the warranty is all about on "duration" first. But I must admit anything with the word "super" is hard to resist.

Reply to
shortT

I agree. There are spaces in there, and capitals, and a period; the technology's obviously capable of it - it's just that the OP was just too lazy to bother with it. To be honest, that makes me far too lazy to help them out.

Ha ha! I was replying to you as I was reading your post, so I typed exactly that before seeing that you'd got there first :-) (I even used 'lazy-ass', too)

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules

Glad you are not going with an off brand for it. I used it one time on my house and it was peeling by the next year.

Reply to
Dymphna

On 1/22/2010 9:31 AM Dymphna spake thus:

Of course, that couldn't possibly be due to poor prep, now could it?

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

I wonder what "it" is.

Reply to
Bob F

Prep? You mean you can't just spray the bulk dirt off with a garden hose and then paint right over the remaining dirt, mildew and moss?

Reply to
Pete C.
[snip]

[snip]

Hi. I'm going to paint my gun, which I use as a wood splitter for the duration until spring. Any advice? Thanks.

Reply to
Harry L

It took me all but 2 seconds to Google Sherwinn Williams. The site had the two paints the OP was inquiring about. I was easy to find. As far as I can tell his email was clear. Badly written but clear.

Reply to
shortT

"Pete C." wrote in news:4b5a0047$0$2466 $ snipped-for-privacy@unlimited.usenetmonster.com:

Of course you can. "Painters" do it all the time.

Reply to
Red Green

In the ole days, there was "spick-and-span", used for washing for paint prep.

I figured I would never get all the desert dust out of my rough textured stucco.

Power washed and painted..

Reply to
Oren

So important, lots and lots of time-consuming preparation. Repair any areas. Then Benjamin Moore Fast-dry Primer, then Benjamin Moore finish coat. A second coat of of finish coat, maybe. If your location has mold/mildew issues add additional mildewcide. I prefer Sherwin Williams or Behr for interior painting.

Reply to
Phisherman

"Good" painters don't. Good painters prepair the surface well, removing or killing all mildew and removing as much dirt as possible.

TSP is generally used as a basis for most paint prep.

Reply to
clare

I've used Sherwin Williams on my Benz, after a good coating of TSP.

It looks terrific.

"I don't really have a replacement career, it's a very gnawing thing."

Bob Morein (215) 646-4894

Reply to
Soundhaspriority

Soundhaspriority wrote in news:C781C3A7.65A45% snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.com:

Huh?! Sounds as dumb as posting your phone number on usenet. But then again, could be a setup with an ex's new S.O.

Reply to
Red Green

Soundhaspriority wrote in news:C781C3A7.65A45% snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.com:

Huh?! Sounds as dumb as posting your phone number on usenet. But then again, could be a setup with an ex's new S.O.

Reply to
Red Green

my house and it was peeling by the next year.

possibly be due to poor prep, now could it?

I'm man enough to admit it.

Nope - I scraped and primered it before painting.

Reply to
Dymphna

brand for it. I used it one time

next year.

It was a store brand, Coast to Coast if I remember correctly.

Reply to
Dymphna

On 1/26/2010 11:38 AM Dymphna spake thus:

But was that really good prep? No mold, mildew, stain or other stuff needing removed? What about caulking, filling, other surface prep?

Maybe you actually did a decent prep job, but "scraped and prime[re]d it" doesn't usually cut it.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

On 1/26/2010 11:42 AM Dymphna spake thus:

Wasn't that the house label of Standard Brands? They've been out of business for, what, 30 years or so?

Reply to
David Nebenzahl