Shed project question

have a dumb question about my shed project......I'm constructing a 12x16 shed. have poured concrete slab and put down one row of concrete blocks, I will pick up lumber tomorrow. planning to use 5/8" T-111 plywood siding. Question is should I frame so that siding sits on top of concrete blocks or should I frame with 2x4s to edge of concrete blocks and overhang siding? Total height of walls including concrete blocks is 7' thanks

Reply to
cheapdave

=A0 =A0 =A0 thanks

If you want the water that hits the walls to run into the shed then by all means let the siding rest on the blocks. Outside the blocks should work OK. Some installers will chamfer the square bottom of the siding 45 degrees toward the inside to have a nice sharp outside drip edge. Paint the edge well, of course.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Siding should stick out slightly further than the blocks, hanging down just past the sill plate. You don't want the end of the T1-11 sitting on moist concrete.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers