Sewer Main Maintenance

We recently had our sewer main cleaned and videoed to solve an "annual" plugging up problem. The tech said our main "dipped" a little from 5 to 14 feet out from the house. The tech suggested a regular regime of vinegar and baking soda to soften and clear the culprit (soap-grease) as well as flushing a tub or two of hot hot water. Does baking soda and vinegar actually do anything? Is there something stronger I could dump down the clean out every couple of months? How do others deal with this problem?

Reply to
Alan Smithee

I use a quart of ammonia down the bath and tub, kitchen drains 4 times a year. Followed by a sink/tub of hot water. The water is the pressure and the ammonia will cut grease/body oils and soap.

Reply to
SQLit

Unless you have invasive trees no maintenance is required other than periodic rodding. Often not for 50 yrs. If trees have penetrated the broken drain yearly roddong may be required or more , It depends on alot of things, basicly what you have

Reply to
m Ransley