Septic Systems

  • 1 My 40 years - 3 homes - all on septic - no issues - .. just sayin' John T.
Reply to
hubops

Lived in this house over 45 years with well and septic. I figure in the long run I have saved money but trouble with either can be a big expense. Like, new well and equipment cost me $9,000 four years ago.

Also rules can change like two neighbors that sold their houses had to install septic effluent treatment tanks before fields. Apparently the county made perk rules stricter. Too fast a perk could contaminate ground water.

It may cost more but things are smoother with municipal water and sewer.

Reply to
Frank

You don't have to see it for it to exist. We were talking about gray water, you could look it up.

Wrong again, you just keep digging a deeper hole. And besides that, my whole point was that gray water and septic effluent are two very different things, that the former can be used for irrigation. Got it now?

Right and regulators will not allow you to use what Frank was incorrectly calling gray water, which is really septic tank effluent, for irrigation of a lawn or anything else. Everyone else here understood what I meant and are even trying to explain it to you. The fact that your septic system incidentally provides some water to green up only parts of the lawn is not what a reasonable person would call irrigation, it certainly was not designed with that in mind. It's also one of the signs of septic system failure, where the water can no longer percolate down, if it didn't happen when installed but many years later it's occurring.

Go ahead, start in on something else. Cindy also pointed this out to you, it's a possible sign, ignore it if you like.

You're the only one here that considers some incidental water from a septic system to be "watering the lawn". Especially ridiculous given my clear post where I drew the distinction between septic tank effluent and gray water, which can really be used for what normal people consider irrigation. That was the point, that effluent from a septic system is not gray water.

I said what I meant in my first post. I've said what I meant in every post. You're the only one here that can't understand it and instead just dig your hole deeper.

Reply to
trader_4

You just keep getting more foolish in each post. Try to follow. Yes, the thread was about septic systems. But Frank made an error, claiming that septic system effluent is gray water. To illustrate the difference, I simply pointed out that gray water can be used for irrigation, like lawn irrigation, while septic effluent cannot. Everyone else understood.

Well duh? That was precisely my point. You obviously still don't get it.

Right, so now effluent from a failing septic system doesn't wind up on the surface, stinking up the neighborhood? You're hole of ignorance continues to grow deeper.

Reply to
trader_4

snip]

We used to have a rental house with a septic tank. Once, when it was cleaned out if was full of condoms.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

On Fri, 23 Dec 2022 11:59:46 -0600, Mark Lloyd posted for all of us to digest...

Safe septic? Pump'n away?

Reply to
Hiram T Schwantz