Sears Whirlpool Compressor Died - or did it?

How do I isolate the start device combination start relay and overload as being ok? I don't want to replace the compressor if only the start device is defective.

There are two power wires going to the device and 3 wires going to the compressor from it.

sears whirlpool: part no: 106.50512002 comp start ovld dev 2204413 Compressor: 2183455 There was a lightning storm yesterday and must have knocked out the compressor. The compressor is not running, it just gets hot and does a periodic thermal shutdown.

Embraco EGS 90 hlp 513700009 JA0RRCUK orp 280

Reply to
DK