Sears Powermiser 9 Water Heater

The thermocouple unit went bad on my Powermiser 9. The pilot light won't stay lit. Even though the 3-year-old water heater came with a nine-year warranty, Sears won't honor it, so I must pay for the thermocouple replacement and a service call. Go figure. I will not purchase another water heater from Sears ever again !

Reply to
bljteach

Sounds like a trip to your local small claims court is imminent.

Reply to
HeyBub

sears isnt nthe sears of old. they dropped completely the satisfaction guaranteed or your money back:(

Do go immediately to your local store, see the overall store manager or demand the phone number for the district manager, and complain loudly. tell them you posted on the net:)

Was your warranty 1 year labor 9 year prorated tank cost?

if so your out of luck.

thermocouples are cheap and easy to install, maybe get a handy friend to install it?

I NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM SEARS after my experience........

prepiing my moms house for sale I had sears come and service the furnace with air.........

they charge 2 travel charges for the same tech to swap tool kits at his van.

blatant price gouging.

i rarely shop for anything at sears

Reply to
bob haller

He has to pay labor. The part is pretty cheap in reality, but from Sears it is probably expensive. For nine years from the date of purchase, if this water heater is installed and operated in a single-family home in accordance

with the owner?s manual instructions and all local applicable plumbing codes, Sears will:

  1. Supply free water heater parts for those that are defective in material or workmanship.
  2. Supply a free water heater for one that develops a leak.

For the second through the ninth year from the purchase date, you must pay the labor cost for installation of parts or water heater.

For commercial, institutional, industrial or residential use by two or more families, the above limited warranty is only for two

years. During the second year you must pay the labor cost for parts or water heater installation.

1 - YEAR EXCLUSIVE KENMORE LABOR WARRANTY

For the fi rst year from the date of purchase, Sears will, free of charge, supply and install new water heater parts for defective

ones or a new water heater for one that develops a leak.

WARRANTY SERVICE

To obtain warranty service, call 1-800-4-MY-HOME® (1-800-469-4663).

This warranty applies only while this product is in use in the United States.

This warranty gives you specifi c legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

any service company is cheaper than sears. the thermocouple is likely under 10 bucks

Reply to
bob haller

First see if you can get it closer to the pilot or maybe the pilot is low. Thermocuples often go bad, pobably a 12$ item and its easy for you to replace it. I had a box of 10 sitting around for 20 years I sold to my heating guy for 5$ each.

Reply to
ransley

Hi, The thing I don't like about Sears is their pricing. Reg. xyz $, on sale abc $. They give false impression of everything is on sale all the time which is not. LONG time since we bought anything from Sears. We still have Sears card tho.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Parts covered. labor not.

Reply to