Salty Tap Water, Kinetico Water Softner

Recently I had a leak in the plumbing between the water meter and my Kinetico Water Softner. After repairing the leak, the water in the house is noticeably salty. What might cause this?

Reply to
jay

Insufficient rinse in the brine cycle is one. Check the valve operation of the softener. Could be something was disconnected during the repair.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

The reason is because there was a siphon created when the system was interuppted. The Kinetico valve is pressure driven. Once the pressure was released the siphon was created and it drew the brine solution from the salt tank. This created salty water because the media bed was saturated with brine. If you ran it for a short time you noticed that it cleared up and rinsed clean. There is nothing wrong with your brine cycle. I also would believe there is nothing wrong with the softener. If your Kinetico was not molested during the leak repair then it should take right off where it was before the leak. Ben B.

Reply to
blevins