Roundup For Weeds, Or... ? (what's really safe ?)

It's almost impossible to tell what you do intend to say, Joe... :(

In general, instead of making a point, you raise rhetorical questions and hyperbole and....oh, to heck with it...

For many purposes, hogs are about as close clinically to peoples at it gets...

--

Reply to
dpb

All true, but this doesn't address the fact that homeowners use chemicals they know little or nothing about. I've heard neighbors say "If they sell it, it must safe, right?" Homeowners do not NEED chemicals to make a living.

Do you know that homeowners are now the number one point source for groundwater pollution in this country? Golf courses are a close second. Used to be factories.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

If you'd simply answered the initial question about ads, there would've been less clutter, and this would've been easier.

I notice that you didn't address anything in the paragraph beginning with "Some of these trials.." Is that because you need to believe the trials exist because of animal rights issues?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

JoeSpareBedroom wrote: ...

No, I don't "know" that, nor do I think it true. In some localities, and for some particular pollutants, maybe...

--

Reply to
dpb

Well, the EPA says it's true, and the major pollutants are lawn chemicals. If you have data to prove them wrong, I'd love to see it. If not, you should be able to imagine how they'd determine such a thing.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I'm curious, though: What would be your reason for doubting this?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

In what way "easier"? Yes, I have seen ads for clinical trials. So what?

No, that's not what I said although it is much more difficult to perform useful animal trials and much research is delayed or not undertaken because of overzealous AR advocates. I did make a semi-tongue-in-cheek remark that it just might come to that, however...

However, in actuality I didn't respond because the point is so obvious as to be Homer's "DOH!" and seemed unworthy of any response...

And, no, I'm not responding to this thread further...

--

Reply to
dpb

This doesn't surprise me.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I am already getting old (58), and am in the process of dying (heart disease). My days are too full to give any of my time to endless pointless arguments about "it ain't fair", or "the way it SHOULD be". Because of a brain injury, reading is not one of my hobbies. But, I do stay very busy with the others. I think reading is for people who don't know how to do anything.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote

Shhhhhhhh. It's a secret the evil corporations don't want you to know about. But it HAS been in recent papers and other publications. But, then, you're a voracious reader, and knew that. Right?

BTW, you're the one who brought up the point about human testing. If you can't explain your point, please don't foist it off on me to attempt to explain.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote

I asked if you'd

JOE, PLEASE STOP! In one post, you say they don't use humans, and in this one, you say they do. Which is it. You're making me dizzy.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote

And Joe wins another one, not by a preponderance of the evidence, logic, or facts, but by mere dogged persistence to the point of exhausting the opponent.

Kudos, Joe.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Have you been out in the shed snorting RoundUp again?

I thought so.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

That's pathetic. I hope you don't tell such things to your grandchildren.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

It's been explained. You missed it.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Nonsense. Evil is evil, whether a little or a lot, irrespective of use, and without considering the good.

If the nay-sayers of the world thought they could get fire banned, we'd be living in the dark.

Reply to
HeyBub

Well, you sure can't trust the EPA - they'd lie when the truth sounded better. Heck, they even try to tell us RoundUp is safe!

Bastids!

Reply to
HeyBub

We're talking about drug trials, not testing pesticides. Try and keep up.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

According to JoeSpareBedroom :

Glysophate isn't a neurotoxin. It's a disrupter of a metabolic process that only exists in _plants_.

Copper is engineered and applied as a toxin for certain things.

But it's also an essential mineral for humans. Try reducing your exposure to 0, and see how well you do.

Absolutely I agree that we're using _way_ too much of the stuff (eg: we don't use lawn chemicals _period_), and that people need to be careful with what/how they use such things.

But not all chemicals are the same, nor is _all_ use 100% unacceptable.

Reply to
Chris Lewis

I know. But at this point, we're talking about yard chemicals IN GENERAL.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom