Rotating TV Platform Hardware - Where to get?

The other day I was in an unfinished furniture store and I noticed they had TV rotating platform. (what do you call em?) It was a simple wooded circle mounted to some kind of hardware assembly that let the wood piece to rotate freely. (The hardware piece was about as big as a dinner plate). The idea is you can easily turn your TV set to face a different direction. I'd like to build my own instead of paying the $50 price tag, but I have no idea where to get the hardware. Anybody know where? Link?

Thanks.

Reply to
Mak Wilson

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Mak Wilson) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

It's called a lazy susan. You can get the bearings almost anywhere, but here is a Lee Valley link:

Murray Peterson

Any online hardware source. Lazy Susan bearings are probably available at your local hardware store as well. Try a Google/Froogle but I've gotten them through Rockler before:

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Cochran

That's exactly what I was looking for. I'm having trouble finding it at the local hardware stores, but I'll keep looking.

Thanks Murray

Reply to
Mak Wilson

According to Mak Wilson :

If you're looking for plain lazy susan bearings, kitchen cabinet fabricators/suppliers usually carry them. I think Ikea has them too.

Tho, Lee Valley's prices are likely lower than most people offer them at, and their units are better quality than most.

_Highly_ recommended (I live & work about 10 minutes away from LV's head office/warehouse/retail outlet. Nyah nyah! Worth it just to get their catalog.)

Don't waste much time looking too hard. LV's mailorder is very good.

_These_ things are fantastic:

Chris Lewis

Lazy Susan Bearings are available in two sizes at Home Depot...

SKU #144916 - 6" - $3.91 SKU #144924 - 12" - $8.97

Rick

Reply to
Rick

MW> The other day I was in an unfinished furniture store and I noticed MW> they had TV rotating platform. (what do you call em?) It was a MW> simple wooded circle mounted to some kind of hardware assembly that MW> let the wood piece to rotate freely. (The hardware piece was about as MW> big as a dinner plate). The idea is you can easily turn your TV set MW> to face a different direction. I'd like to build my own instead of MW> paying the $50 price tag, but I have no idea where to get the MW> hardware. Anybody know where? Link?

I believe what you are looking for is a "Lazy Susan". Have seen the basic hardware at hardware stores and on the surplus market (try

Look carefully at the constuction: some are plastic and some are metal; some have few ball bearings some have a lot.

For a TV a large rotating diameter is probably best -- a small diameter can cause a 'tippy' base. And this one may sound obvious but note the position of the television's feet -- you don't want to make the platform too small, nor do you necessarily need to make it as large as the footprint of the TV.

  • Bunnies hopping backward: A receding hareline...
Reply to
barry martin

I got mine at Harbor Freight - dunno if they still have it - was abt $15 for a decent one then.

and I noticed

It was a

assembly that

piece was about as