Roof Rake or shovel?

Hi and thanks for any info on this. I have done a Google search on "Roof Rake" Roof Shovel" and I can't seem to find a CANADIAN supplier for this. I have a 4 foot drift on top of my garage and am too afraid to get up there with a conventional shovel as the added weight might make the roof give way....not to mention damage to the ashphalt shingles (new last summer). I am in Saskatchewan. Presently have the truck plugged in and am about to try Home Depot or Rona. Temperature this morning is -34 C (-31F) with a wind chill of -55 C (-67F).....Brrrr

Thanks for any local advice....Jim

Reply to
Jim M

Canadian Tire sells a Yardworks Roof Rake Product# 59-6961-8, about 16' total length but you can buy extensions to make longer.

Guillermo

Reply to
f/256

Thank you Guillermo.....am on my way there... Jim

Reply to
Jim M

Keep that cold air up there.

Tom

Reply to
twfsa

Reply to
NoSpamFANatic

"NoSpamFANatic" wrote in news:4d1Gd.56976 $ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com:

You'll love this. I have a 30' roof rake that I use a few times each winter, basically when the snow gets more than about 18" deep on the roof or when a thaw is coming (it was -28 here last night, so no thaw for a while). One day last winter, when I was out getting ready to rake the roof, I heard my neighbor's small snow blower running. I knew he'd already spent two hours doing his walks, because I was out running my 10HP blower for about 15 minutes doing mine. Anyway, I go around front and there he is UP ON THE ROOF RUNNING THE SNOW BLOWER to clear things off. This is a ranch with a moderately pitched roof, but he'd standing up there in 24" of fresh snow running a 3 hp blower. I ended up going back inside and watching from the window, with the phone nearby so I could call 911 when he fell-- it was either that or get the camcorder to film it. Surprisingly, he got the whole thing cleared and made it down the ladder to boot.

-Derek

Reply to
Kiwanda

Heheee! Tom Work at your leisure!

Reply to
Tom

I am so glad that I really have no idea what this thread is about!

Today 36C , that's POSITIVE 36C, clear blue skies. More of the same toorrow.

Reply to
Avery