Rock crushing

Other than the obvious way of me having to beat on large rocks with a big hammer, are there companies that will crush 1,000 pounds (approximately) of rock to 'custom' sizes?

Would this be a 'reasonable' thing to do, or are most types of popular rock generally available as 'crushed'?

Thanks.

Lewis.

******
Reply to
limeylew

No, and yes... :)

For a batch so small it would undoubtedly be very difficult to convince a crusher to deal with a "one-off" like that at all, and if they did I'm sure they would be quite pricey.

What do you have and want? You should have no trouble finding most anything that is used at all commonly...

Reply to
dpb

Crushed rock is usually sold by the truckload, i.e. in minimum lots of 5 or 6 tons. Carriage costs more than the material.

Reply to
Don Phillipson

The cost of trucking such a small amount to a crusher and then back would exceed the cost of just delivering appropriate crushed material (anything you could possibly want is readily available), the raw material is not worth much in small quantity. Companies do on site crushing for really big construction jobs, but really big is hundreds of tons of material.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.