Robomower

Does anyone have one of these? Do you feel it was worth the money? Any recommendations or advice?

Bonnie in NJ

Reply to
bonniejean

Yes, I've had one for 3 years and love it. They've made improvements to my model as well.

My lot is approx 120x50 (something like that), and it's very irregularly shaped.

The mower is VERY quiet and you can run it at night. I live in a secure enough area where I feel OK to leave it out at night and put it back in the garage in the morning.

The only maintenance I've done is sharpen the blade each summer, and I did have to replace the battery pack. However, you can do it cheaply by opening the pack, look at the model # of the lead acid battery, and order a couple online.

The mower does miss spots, and if the grass gets really crazy long and wet, you will have to run it a couple of times before it gets to looking good. Normal use it cuts just fine. But because it misses spots, I run it every 2 or 3 days. Only takes a minute to get going so it's no big deal at all. I usually let it run until the batteries drain out.

The other problem I had, and it was my fault, was I had my lawn aerated, but i forgot to tell the guy I had the mower, so the wire got chopped up in 4 or 5 places. What a pain in the ass!

All in all I would highly recommend one.

Reply to
Larry Bud

I have talked with an owner of Robomower. They work okay, but these don't completely eliminate the need to manually mow. I would say that these are not a "value" buy.

Reply to
Phisherman

I haven't manually mowed with a regular lawn mower since I owned my mower.

For those small spots that you might be able to get to automatically, I just weed wack. Those are very small areas, however.

Reply to
Larry Bud

Odd, in four years I've yet to manually mow my lawn. The timesavings alone makes this worth it for me. The only thing I *do* need to do is edge, but I'd need to do so either way. Well worth the money considering it's not much more than a good mulching mower.

Reply to
kyle york

Thanks for the responses guys.

Bonnie

Reply to
bonniejean

I don't have one, so I don't have an opinion of my own, but here's a link to others who seem to love the thing.

RicodJour