Rigid Insulation Directly under Laminate Flooring

I'm in the process of finishing my basement. I have a dry, new construction basement. I am flirting with the idea of placing 1/2" rigid insulation directly onto the concrete floor (which is perfectly level), and taping the edges. From there, I would lay standard laminate underlay, and then, high end 12mm laminate. I heard mixed opinions on the integrity of the floor with this configuration. I would think that a product such as the owenscorning celfort 200, with a flex rating of 44 psi would not compromise my floor. Especially with 12mm flooring. Any thoughts or experiences with such a method?

-------------------------------------

Nick C. New Brunswick, Canada

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 360534 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
Shrapnel

Dela-FL would be a better solution - a Canadian product it is similar to DryCore but comes in rolls and does not have the aspenite sheathing on it. Good for putting laminate on directly. It is a waffle and allows the concrete to "breathe"

Reply to
clare

I would wait a full year in the house before doing anything permanent on the floor, to give things a little time to settle and also to see if Fall or Spring rains show any leakage.

Reply to
hrhofmann