Ridge Vent Leaks

Scouting on web I have discovered that our roof's ridge vents are considered to be great for attic ventilation and dehumidification, and that they should not be plugged in an attempt to increase attic insulation. We have never had noticeable problems with leakage in over 7 years at our rainy Oregon location. However, recent blizzards appear to have caused blowing snow accumulation in the vents, which leads to leakage into our attic and in one place seepage and staining of our ceiling. Any ideas about dealing with this from folks more used to snow?

Reply to
LeakyDave

Just lay some plastic sheets in the problem spot in the attic. The heavy snow is not that common in that area, correct? If it's only a small amount the water will evaporate without causing damage. Use Killz on the stained areas.

Reply to
HomeBrewer