Revitalizing Greyed Redwood Fencing

I have redwood plank fencing, the usual 1x6 stuff popular here where I live in SoCal. One section of fence is four years old and is now greying quite a bit because it wasn't treated properly with preservative. What can I use to revitalize the wood and get some of the original color back? I know there are chemicals and such but I'm afraid of killing the grass that borders the fence.

- Magnusfarce

Reply to
Magnusfarce

It is greying gracefully with age - not detrimental at all. You can pressure wash it - Don't use a real high pressure though, you can damage the wood. Allow to dry for a couple of days then treat with your favorite flavor.

Erik

Reply to
Erik Ahrens

A suggestion for what it is worth:

Try washing an out of the way piece of the fencing with a pressure washer using just plain water. You should see right away if the original colour is going to come back at all. If it does come back, do the fence, let it dry completely and then apply whatever you want to retard the UV from taking its toll on the fence again.

Reply to
Ron

I've found that the deck wash solutions get rid of the grey nicely and are very affordable.

- Magnusfarce

Reply to
Windy