reusing flex gas hose for new stove

anoid

I wouldnt reuse a old one. The past versions had quality issues, and if you reuse it and it causes a fire insurance may disown you leaving ou with no insurance and a burned out home.

Geez why risk it for 30 bucks:(

Reply to
hallerb

You need to read this from a gas company and the US Consumer Product Safety Commission:

In general if it's an older uncoated brass fex line it must be replaced.

Reply to
Steve Kraus

I did it because the installation instructions with the stove specifically indicated doing so and warned about using flex pipe. The next time I did it because I found it really was not much trouble and I felt it was more professional. Funny thing when the original oven was delivered the guys delivering tried everything they could to sell me the flex pipe as part of a package that I really had to have, until I showed them the manual that came with the stove. It would appear they got commission on the sale of the cheap kit (not cheap price, just cheap product.)

Reply to
Joseph Meehan