Return water too cold- crack the boiler?

"I wonder how long JB weld would hold?"

Do not tempt me!

If it was summer and we only needed the thing for hot water, I'd probably try it. Either that, or I'd grab an old inner-tube and construct a pressure-bandage, so to speak. It only needs to hold back 20psi. A little rubber, a brace pushing on it, rube goldberg eat your heart out!

But knowing this area, it'd fail worse during another cold-snap and then I'd have freezing pipes to dealk with as well.

Dave

Reply to
spamTHISbrp

What is the Fix for this kind of a Leak? My Weil Mclain Boiler may have a slight leak. It is about 12 Yeaers Old. Is there a product that can be put inside of the Boiler to stop the Leak? Sam

Reply to
Saml

There's no real fix, but get this- it appears this will be covered by Weil McLain as a warranty issue, so go check out that avenue- call your service co.

Dave

Reply to
spamTHISbrp

"This is really excellent writing. I may make it into a text file, and insert it into emails when words fail me. Well done! "

Feel free to use it... I have actually seen the warm-beer trick used, but he had a house, not a trailer.

spamTHISbrp

Dave,

I understand this post is quite old but what you describe is exactly what I found with my Weil McLain last spring. Apparently the Gold product had manufacturing defects and 1995 appears to be one of the worst. The crack extends horizontally from the upper hinge area for approximately 3/4"

Go here for more information and explanation from heating professionals.

I'd like to hear how you faired with WM and warranty if applicable. I am in the process of getting mine replaced.

Thanks

enough

Reply to
TRCar54