Reply to
<kjpro

Because of two facts...

#1 he&#39;s been Trane-washed

#2 he&#39;s trying to feel better about spending the extra money for a Trane unit.

Reply to
<kjpro

Match it according to ratings, or according to brand?

Are you saying that the inside and outside have to be the same brand?

Or that, however things are measured, like the coolant flow through the condensor has to be what the evaportator is rated for, and the indoor fan has to be rated for the evaporator, and hence for the condenser?

For newly installed parts, right? So you can still install just a condenser but not the evaporator, or vice versa. and whatever new thing is installed has to have new SEER rating, and has to match the ratings of the other half, but the other half doesn&#39;t have to be replaced, does it?

Reply to
mm

The difference in the quality of the install is the overriding factor; there is little difference in performance, stop the BS! Todays&#39; Goodman AC equipment is NOT inferior to other AC equipment. The majority of AC brands use components made by the same companies. Setup an adequate number them under identical lab conditions & have their performance & longevity logged, then show me some real proofs! What are you going to say if Goodman equipment outperforms your favorite brand?

- udarrell

Reply to
udarrell

Reading really is fun-duh-mental... If you&#39;d tried it you&#39;d know my INSURANCE PAID for it. Which is why I mentioned the power surge in duh first place..

I can see material differences in the two having owned both... But I could really care less what the OP buys. I was just trying to help.. I&#39;m happy with my decision and my insurance co. obviously agrees (or they are &#39;trane-washed?&#39;). But you know more than they do about all of this..?

My other home...new construction, came with a Gibson- that is a good brand as well. That would have been my second choice in Fla.

------------------------------ Re: Replacing my AC system - and my head is spinning Group: alt.home.repair Date: Mon, Jul 16, 2007, 11:44pm (EDT-1) From: kjpro @ usenet.com () "dpb" wrote in message news:f7hf75$b15$ snipped-for-privacy@aioe.org... . I&#39;ve owned both Janitrol and Trane. Trane blows Janitrol away. ... I&#39;ve had my Janitorl blown up by a power surge relative to a hurricane. . What&#39;s to say the same power surge wouldn&#39;t have "blown up" your Trane (or any other unit)???

Reply to
in2-dadark

Yes, they know insurance, I know HVAC, Dipshit!

Reply to
<kjpro