replacement window company referral

Can anyone recommend a REPUTABLE window replacement company (dealing in vinyl or fiberglass) in the Toronto area?

Reply to
Tinderstick

Swami

Well that's one company off my list! Thanks! Appreciate more feedback please.

Reply to
Tinderstick

Reply to
NoSpamFANatic

Do you get to pick which sales associate will go down on you? Or does that depend on the price you negotiate?

Reply to
Roy Brown

Had my roof done by Home Depot - NEVER AGAIN! They don't have their own crew, not workers, at least, just the bean counters, and they farm out the job to anybody they can get, in my case, I think from a Peterborough bar. I'd rather do it myself than EVER contract ANYTHING to Home Depot.

Reply to
Chuck Farley

Home Depot installers are newbies, dregs, day workers, alcoholics, fugitives, illegal aliens, non-English speaking persons, or other undesirables. I have yet to hear many good stories about them.

We did a kitchen remodel last year. We went to HD, thinking about spending less on cabinets. Theirs are all standard sizes, and if you have an odd opening, nothing is available.

They wanted a ridiculous price for factory made cabinets, up in the $24,000 range for 80 lineal feet. Then they said the installation was "around 40%." That would be $9,600. Four men working eight hours a day for a week would come out to $60 per man hour. I wonder what HD would have paid the derelicts.

I hate people who think you are so stupid you can't use a calculator.

We had the cabinets custom made, and they were $22,000 INSTALLED. We had many custom features including special drawers, lazy susans, and every lower shelf has slide out drawers.

Home Depot is for people who absolutely don't know what they are doing, and who will hire derelicts to do it for them.

Home Depot installers?

Yeah, right. You would be better to just go to the bar yourself and hire them. You would at least get them cheaper.

STeve

Reply to
SteveB

OK, I'm VP of a window manufacturer.

The best way to chose a window installation company is by referral from a friend who had work done recently and was pleased.

Keep in mind that the referrals a company supplies are likely to be uncle Al and sister Flo.

Better yet, get a "Window Wise" industry association certified installation. Go to the Window Wise web site for referrals.

This program is a division of SAWDAC, the Siding and Window Dealers Association of Canada.

Eeven with this, be careful of pushy sales people. There is never, I repeat never, a reason to sign the dotted line the first night.

If you actually want to be referred to one of my customers, email me at work: snipped-for-privacy@vinylwindowdesigns.com

Phil

Reply to
flipspam