replacement parts on sliding glass patio door

I need to find a replacement part for a slidiung glass patio door. The key component I'm looking for is the fuzzy weatherstrip material. The piece I am looking for has the fuzz moded into a small plastic strip which is then inserted into the aluminum channel. The big box stores don't seem to have this material so I'm seeking a source for this.

Also, while the door is out I want to replace the wheels that the door rides on. I have foudn the wheels at Home Depot but my question here is how to remove the assembly that holds the wheels. On other doors I've seen the assrmbly wiht the wheel is fairly easy to remove, but on this door from what I've seen so far it looks like I have to disassemble the frame before I can slide the mechanism out of its channel. Can this be correct? It's going to be much more work.

BTW, this is a single pane door. I've been trying to find a manufacturers name but have not found anything yet (usually it is on the aluminum inside the two panes of glass). The only printing on the glass appears to just identify the glass.

John Keith snipped-for-privacy@juno.com

Reply to
John Keith

Many of those OEM strips simply aren't available except from the manufacturer. W/O that, you're pretty much stuck trying to find another door that has similar style and see if there's a replacement for it.

If it's a single pane window and of some age, and particularly if it happened to be the door in a contractor-built house, it was probably the cheapest whatever at the local building supply. Wouldn't be at all surprised if the only way is to disassemble. All in all, might be time to consider upgrading the door...

Reply to
dpb