Repairing old Radio Shack equipment

Some dweeb will buy it for 50 cents more than your maximum bid in the last

3 seconds of the auction. Happens every single time.
Reply to
AZ Nomad

We used a lot of them for maintenance on various pieces of government equipment. They were accurate enough for what we were using them for. Filiment voltage...6.2v...close enough for me...anode voltage 150v...close enough for government work :)

Like many old timers, I cut my teeth on analog meters, and I still prefer them to digital meters. When I'm working on house wiring, I usually use some digital clamp on thing made for electricians. But when I'm working on my rf/audio gear, I'll take the analog meter any day.

Reply to
Zootal

What I meant was, if it once had Buy it Now, why doesn't it have it anymore?

I have had that. A totally new bidder outbid me with 2 seconds left.

On another occasion, I wasn't crazy about something, but would have bought it if I had known I'd be the only bidder, for 5 dollars. But no one bid on it! Two weeks later it was back, and it seemed likely no one woudl bid, but I still worried about those 3 second guys.

But I was the only bidder.

Reply to
mm

"John Gilmer" wrote in news:hNadnf57A8foDDTUnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@posted.localnet:

the DMMs from Harbor Freight are only 1 megohm input Z. any good DMM is at least 10 MegR. And the first one I had measured a 1.5V alkaline cell at 1.8 volts. I would NOT rely on them for accuracy.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

On 2/28/2009 3:13 PM mm spake thus:

You do know about sniping, right?

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

somebody bid on it. After the first bit, buy-it-now goes away.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

I get it. That sounds vaguely familiar. Thanks.

Reply to
mm

So that's what you call it. I guess I know now. Thanks.

I looked it up and it seems there is also software to do this. That would account for how they are able to make it so close to the end.

Reply to
mm

I know where I can get you 9Megs cheap.

I'll give you a good price for those 0.3 volts, cash on the barrelhead.

Reply to
mm

On 2/28/2009 7:33 PM mm spake thus:

In fact, that's the only way to do it. (I suppose if you had a super-high-speed connection that was reliable, and had lightning-quick reflexes, you *could* do it manually.)

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Hi, Too high input Z is some times not prefered. Unless you work on digital circuits exclusive. For that I use scope.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

They haven't made anything worth fixing?

Try 22-174B and 22-220

Reply to
tnom