Removing Stuck Sink Supply Lines

Under my bathroom sink I have two supply lines from the shutoff valves. They are part of the valves. From there they go up to a 1/2" fitting that is soldered to the copper pipes coming down from the faucets. The lines go inside the 1/2" fittings and use the cone shaped washers. I have tried everything short of dynamite to get those cone washers out of the fittings. I don't want to break anything, and I don't want to damage the internal surface of the 1/2" fittings by digging around in there with a sharp object. What is the secret to getting these things loose after being in there for 15 years?

Dick

Reply to
Dick

Apply a little heat (propane torch). Put a heat shield behind to protect anything flammable. (This assumes that the water is out of the line).

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim