In this same vein, I recently had my house power washed, and the siding on the porch retained a distinct yellowish cast. It had obviously been a LONG time since the siding was washed (if ever), and the siding on the porch never even gets rained on. Any suggestions for how to whiten this siding?

Jo Ann

Reply to
hillacc at yahoo.com

Near the bulb or below the fixture?

Reply to
mm

The stain is all around the fixture, even above where the fixture would cast light. The bulb is a low-wattage fluorescent bulb.

Reply to
OldRoads

Bugs, maybe? Have you had it on at night?

Banty

Reply to
Banty

The light is certainly on at night a lot. There's a light on the side of the house, but that light does not have the staining. Could it be due to the fluorescent bulb? Any more ideas on how to remove the stain? I have not yet tried bleach.

Vin - Menotomy Vintage Bicycles

OldRoads