Removing Paint On Concrete: Three Possible Remover Brands - Opinions On, Please ?

Hello:

Have some very old paint on my concrete foundation that I would like to remove. Not sure if oil or latex.

Peel A way was recommended.

I also see that there are other, possibly similar, products such as:

Ready-Strip

and, Nitromors Superstrip

Anyone have any thoughts on these three ?

Very concerned about leaving a stain behind on the concrete after using from the product itself. Which would be least likely to ?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert11

I would try a pressure washer first.

If the pressure washer removes the stain you will still be able to see it for some time. Concrete under the paint will not be as dark due to the sun.

Reply to
SQLit

Peel Away might do the trick if you get the caustic based material. You do not want to dissolve the paint and carry it further into the concrete. The product might lighten the concrete since it is caustic. Try it out in an inconspicuous place first. As already suggested, the best idea is a pressure washer.

Good Luck.

Reply to
Baron

In my experience, paint doesn't come off concrete. We tried two kinds of strippers - water and solvent - with almost no effect. Some of the paint was old spills which had been wiped in. Only paint that loosened was a few drips that had dried before sinking in. Pressure washed same concrete in prep for sealing, and the paint didn't budge then, either. On another area, a neighbor spilled wood stain and left dark brown blotches. I used acryllic craft paint to "faux paint" and disguise it, which worked very well.

Reply to
Norminn