removing old toilet question- dont want to install new one just yet..

Doubles as surgical anaesthetic technique. Hmm. Patient looks uncomfortable. More duct tape around the gas mask.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

EPA permit, $25,000.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Go to the hardware store or plumbing outlet and ask for a plug...They make them just for that purpose...You can also get one for your sink pipe...Seen them MANY times on jobsites...HTH...

Reply to
benick

Loved it.

Reply to
Clot

A recycled coffee cup was what they always used on the apartment construction sites when I was a wee lad, until the plumber started buying the flanges with the knockout plugs in them. The knockout had ears that extended over the bolt holes, to keep sleeping installers from dropping a toilet over it with the plug in place. It wasn't a vapor or water seal they were seeking, they just wanted to keep debris out, and keep lazy tradesman from skipping the walk to the porta-potty.

Some things I learned the first week doing construction cleanup- if you see a used drywall bucket with the lid on it- Don't Open It. Just carefully throw the whole damn thing on the back of the dump truck. And stick your head around the corner in closets before you hook the push broom in there, looking for roach coach milk cartons with the top closed back up. Slide the scoop shovel under them, and carefully drop in the trash barrel without touching them.

On a large construction site, the veneer of civilization amongst the trades was downright flimsy in spots.

But as to OP's situation. A rag works, or if there are kids on site, one of those purpose-made plugs with the twist bolt in the middle. Those are the best way, if there are other active toilets in the house.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

Better would be that condom in your wallet since high school. Finally, a use for it.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

YOu're not the only one who thinks this, but apparently no.

mm

If the toilet is in the basement and you have problems with water backing up then tie the rag to a rope before shoving it in the hole. It is possible that the rising water can suck the rag into the pipe and then you could have major problems.

Reply to
Jack Hammer

I built my own house. It was several years between the time I had the main toilet/plumbing working and installing the ensuite toilet. I just sealed the toilet flange with duc tape. It leaked a lot less gas than my dogs.)

LdB

Reply to
LdB

If you're not going to be stepping on it some duck tape will seal it good enough.

Reply to
Jeff The Drunk