Plastic carrier bag left on hob which had a ring partially on. Melted
plastic now stuck to it, got some off by scraping with a knife but don't
want to scrape too much in case I score the ceramic. Have tried isopropyl
and white spirit but neither helped. Any ideas anyone?
1. a projection or shelf at the back or side of a fireplace, used for
keeping food warm.
2. a rounded peg or pin used as a target in quoits and similar games.
3. a game in which such a peg is used.
4. Machinery. a milling cutter for gear and sprocket teeth, splines,
threads, etc., having helically arranged teeth and fed across the work
as the work is rotated.
1. quoits, (used with a singular verb) a game in which rings of rope
or flattened metal are thrown at an upright peg, the object being to
encircle it or come as close to it as possible.
2. a ring used in the game of quoits.
... who let him in, anyway ? :-)
wrote in message ---
Since some here obviously don't know what I'm talking about here's one:
Plastic is probably polyethylene which is only soluble in hot
hydrocarbon solvents. You might try hot mineral oil to avoid
Melting point of polyethylene is somewhat above 100 deg. C so a heat gun
might help to get off the bulk of it.
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.